Thursday, July 19, 2007

a breakfast

I often feel the need for a proper breakfast, but seldom do I allow myself the proper time for its preperation.
Today, I made breakfast.



Pancakes: adapted from The Joy of Cooking
- Mix together 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Mix 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup milk, 1 egg.
- Mix dry, wet ingredients.
**I also added some ginger powder to the mix (the idea occurred as the jar fell out of the cabinet while reaching for the baking powder). It compliments the sugar and whole wheat very well.
**Makes about 8 pancakes using a 1/4 cup ladle.

Bacon: adapted from a pig
Egg: over easy

Always use pure maple syrup; none of that corn syrup garbage. It may cost more, but that's no excuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought of adding ginger to pancakes...sounds yummy and fresh. It's one of my favorite spices.
BBW