Wednesday, July 25, 2007

frozen yogurt: experiment 1

Due to limited fridge space I've been unable to store any ice cream base, but luckily frozen yogurt doesn't require any cooking.

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY FROYO
- mix 1/2 cup simple syrup (I used it still hot from the stove) with 16oz frozen strawberries. Allow to defrost and mash to your preferred consistency.
- stir in 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Dark powder, which gives a great, deep flavor, and dark, practically black coloring)
- mix 2 cups yogurt (I used low fat, un-flavored)

The preparation was extremely quick and easy and the flavor turned out pretty well. Though I prefer plain yogurt for snacking, it may not be the best match with these flavors (or for frozen yogurt in general, I'll have to find out). Next time I will try vanilla yogurt as the base. Also, maybe some honey instead of syrup and maybe just more sweetener. The texture is nice, and I left in enough large chunks of strawberry to add some variety.

Looking forward to getting back into ice cream, but it the meantime I'll continue with froYo.



sorry about the fuzzy picture

No comments: