Friday, July 20, 2007

Sava's: a State Street Sandwich

I've been heading around to some new restaurants recently. After noticing and browsing the menu of Sava's a few weeks ago, I've looked forward to tasting it out.

The menu, generally consisting of sandwiches (panini, burger, sandwiches, wraps). There were a handful of good choices in each category, forcing a difficult decision.

BLACK FOREST HAM (shaved), BRIE (small, precut pieces), SPINACH (cooked)
**I ordered it with some honey mustard, which proved a good decision.
Served on a grilled Kaiser roll? I think that's what it was.



The ham was good, the brie was not enough, the spinach was way too wet (unnecessary sloppiness), a little too much mustard, good bread. I would have preferred some fresh spinach, maybe lightly sautéed and then tossed with a cranberry walnut vinaigrette...that'd be nice for the flavor and texture, which was too uniformly easy. Also, slightly less generic honey mustard would be sweet.

I'm looking forward to my next visit.

You should go! Support your local restaurants!!

1 comment:

Granny said...

That looks yummy. Sitting at my desk at work and came across your blog.

Like your ideas! Will have to stop in once in a while.