Monday, August 6, 2007

couscous, another potluck, the joy of leftovers

Roommate and I hosted another potluck. Less publicized, less attendees, equal (if not slightly more delicious) food experience. My friends taking over the preparation of the main course (a delicious mango, apple, pepper chicken), I decided to stir up some couscous. I'd enjoyed my mom's couscous for years, but had never done it myself. So, with some memory of home, some knowledge of what tastes good, I was surprised at the ease and quickness of couscous.

COUSCOUS (equal amounts water and cous) - I used whole-wheat couscous
- boil water
- add salt, raisins, 2 cloves garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, mild curry powder (or just turmeric, it has a good taste, but more vibrant, yellow color).
- stir in couscous and cover for 5 minutes. IT'S THAT EASY!

Couscous is extremely versatile. Add spices, meats, ideas, vegetables, or herbs that compliment the meal. Or just add enough meat/veggie/substance to be its own meal.



Re-heated with leftover baked vegetables from the previous potluck (a few posts back).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally getting a little credit...
BBW