Monday, December 24, 2007

another cinnamon ice cream

I've made plenty of cinnamon ice cream and this isn't much different. But there are chopped up oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

I add about 1 tablespoon of cinnamon per pint of base. Maybe some nutmeg or pumpkin pie spices if you're into that. Or some cayenne (<---I'm into that). Also, it's that time of year. Yes: eggnog time. So, maybe add eggnog too (think: thick custard, tasty, well-spiced...almost an ice cream base on its own).
My friends (all 2 of them) and I make cookies when we are relaxing at our parents’ homes. Since reaching cookie saturation two nights ago, I felt it appropriate to realize the potential of the already toasted, spiced, chocolate-laden oatmeal. So, after a quick chop and some lazy handfuls of cookie remnants, the ice cream was done. It's good.

No comments: