Tuesday, October 30, 2007

CREATE ANTICIPATION IN A BITE

I've been eating lots of white mushrooms recently. They're fresh, tasty, quick, and versatile (I guess so, if you force yourself, but I don't, though there is an undeniably fluid transition between Mediterranean and oriental that I adore...mmm).

Recently:
-Sauté mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
-Add chopped garlic and take off heat a minute later.
-Toss in some feta cheese
-Serve with/in: balsamic vinegar, eggs, tortilla.

What I love about eating these mushrooms are the possibilities. I could be doing so much more with their flavor...and I love it. CREATE ANTICIPATION IN A BITE. There's nothing like not tasting the white wine, fresh tomatoes, grilled steak, sautéed chicken, baked onions, buttered baguette, pasta, crepe, you-name-it. If an ingredient can lead you back to your favorite dish or to those yet enjoyed, it has done its job.
Touché, mushroom.

No comments: